Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grand Theft - Disco Remix

This is the original Sh0ve !t (lp version):


Then came a ton of remixes. First there was the Sw!tch remix:


Then Spankr0ck jumped on it:


There was a D!sc0 D (R.I.P.) remix on the Top Rankin mixtape:


Then came the Thr33 6 Maf!a remix:


and now, Team Canada's very own Grand Theft gives it a disco treatment:


Grand Th3ft - Shoveit (Disco Remix)

The Switch remix was enough fire to be my favourite version of Sh0ve !t but now GrandTh3ft done did it. He gave this track a disco treatment and produced what is now my new fav remix of this track. Now I got two versions for two different parties/moods. Words from Grand Theft below.
Heres a remix I did at the end of last summer. Its been under wraps for a while but is getting posted a bunch of spots this week I think. Some of the homies like U-Tern, Hedspin and Illo have broken this track in some dope mixes they have done. Thanks to Uncle Jesse for the artwork. Good summer vibes. Enjoy. [source: Eh! Team]
As a bonus, here's the lyrics as well. Singalong now.
SHOVE IT

Brooklyn we go hard_
We on the look for the advantage, we work hard_
And if we seem to rough it up a bit_
We broke but we rich at heart_
Pull ourselves up now we won't choke_
It's our time, put the lights on us__

War tactics they make me sick_
Reel your heart in run away with it_
Smile in your face, undermine your back_
Got guns for the strength they lack_
So if you know another way_
You can't look the other way_
If you know another way,_
Tell them so right to their face__

We think you're a joke_
Shove your hope where it don't shine (4x)__

I pay for what's called _
Eccentricity and my will to evolve_
I hear them all say_
That I got heart_
But not everything that it takes__

Taint my mind but not my soul_
Tell you I got fire_
I wont sell it for no payroll_
Let 'em hold me down_
I know if I know another way_
I can't look the other way_
I know another way_
I'll tell them so right to their face__

We think you're a joke_
Shove your hope where it don't shine (4x)
Related:
Sant0g0ld - Sh0ve !t Remix ft 3-6 Maf!a
Santigold aka Santi White <3
Sant0g0ld - Shove It (Sw!tch Remix) and other songs

No comments: