Monday, December 1, 2008

Santigold aka Santi White <3


J@y-(Z_ ft Sant#g#ld - Bro)o(lyn (Go Hard) | z/s/h/a/r/e
Bonus: Sant#g#ld - Shove It (Switch remix) | z/s/h/a/r/e
And 1: Sant#g#ld - I'm A Lady (Diplo mix ft Amanda Blank) | z/s/h/a/r/e
Overtime: Sant#go#ld, Ph@rr#ll, Jul!an - My Drive Thru | z/s/h/a/r/e

This ain't about the Jigga man. This is all about Santogold aka Santi White aka Santi. Heart.

Apparently this is new shit from the "Notorious" movie and while it's alright it doesn't quite move me the way Shove It (Switch remix) does it. Shove It is where the "Brooklyn, Go Hard" vocal sample comes from and it's the first song that put me onto the heat that is Santogold. Santi White popped up on GZA's "Legend Of The Liquid Sword" from 2002 and helped pen GZA's "Beneath The Surface" as well as a majority of Res' album but didn't really catch her stride til last/this year. Coldplay tapped her to open their recent tour, Santogold appeared on the latest Converse ad campaign recording a song
(which she steals by the way) with Julian Casablancas (Strokes) and Pharrell Williams (N.E.R.D.), and she put out one of the best albums of this year. If that wasn't enough she teamed up with the people's champ Diplo for "Top Ranking" a mixtape in the same weight and vein as Diplo's collabo with M.I.A.'s "Piracy Funds Terrorism".

"I'm A Lady (Diplo Mix)" comes from "Top Ranking" and it utilizies the same sample as LL Cool J's "I Need Love". Amanda Blank is heat as well - she'll get her own post later on. Heart her too. But Santi makes an appearance with Jay-Z and also is featured on Common's new album.
Go Santogold.

I'm a fan.
Seems I'm not the only fan, and rightly so - are u a fan yet?

No comments: