Sunday, April 12, 2009

B3gg!n - oh my...please stick to P!L00ski + Gay F!sh









P!l00sk! - B3gg!n
Bonus: Madc0n - B3gg!n
And 1: Tr3y Park3r - G@y F!sh (Kany3 W3st parody of H3artl3ss)

The power of music. What makes the latest Ad!das ad campaign work is the soundtrack provided by P!l00ski's "B3gg!n" (edit of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons). Easily one of the best tracks of the past few years, it rose to #1 on the UK Dance charts after it was released in 2006 so it's not a stretch for Adidas to include this in their latest ad campaign. It got so much attention and love in Europe that Madcon from Norway ended up putting raps to it. For my money (and my party) don't fck with anything but P!looski edit. Perfection.

I do have to say thanks though. One for Pilo0ki over Madc0n usage and two to Ad!das for not using any music from the musicians, MC's and bands shown throughout the house party. Irony? Zing pow popozao. Maybe I won't be laughing when "B3gg!n" becomes the newest anthem of guidos and douches everywhere...

That does look like a good house party I must admit. A sock hop instead perhaps?



I've been sleeping on the internet. I didn't realize Beggin was fairly popular/well known. There's cover versions from some all female group in the UK and some solo female in the States and other karaoke attempts. Like Madc0n's version it's the singing that makes all these covers so weak. All three pale in comparison to Franki Valli. They rip the soul out of the song. No one in any cover version can touch Franki3 Valli so stop fcking around and stick to Pil00ski.

Speaking of being popular Am3er!ca's B3st Danc3 Cr3w gave shine to Beggin, there's terrible mash ups with Black 3y3d P3as, P!tbull, Ak0n and other shit. Stop it. Suddenly I feel like Beggin is completely over-exposed. Now I'm waiting for "Gay Fish" I mean Kany3 W3st to ruin another good track. Coming in 2011...after he catches on.

(ps. the Adam Chu vid soundtrack below is from one of the female versions - like I said...it's just not the same...)





If you must...Madc0n. Actually it's not that bad...just their attempt at the hook has me turned off. They did win something like 4 awards though due to this track's success. There's a "disco" remix and an "electro" remix. Again...if you must.







Bonus Video: Sports mash up? Basketball meets soccer. Beckham school's Kevin Garnett while shooting the house party. Bet B3ckham can't dunk on KG though. Nice kick. Reminds me of soccer skeet.





Oh yeah...the South Park "Gay Fish" episode.




No comments: