Monday, March 9, 2009

R.I.P. Notorious B.I.G. - 2 mixtapes (Cookin Soul & DJ Parler)




Cookin Soul hails from Spain and have just released a Notorious Big Tribute mixtape with DJ Drama.  They are the crew that brought the world OJayZis and other classic mixtapes.  Check the info below:
This is COOKIN' SOUL, a trio of producers/dee-jays straight out of Valencia, Spain: BIG SIZE, MILTON and ZOCK. We've produced songs for THE GAME, SWIZZ BEATZ, SEAN PAUL, MAX B, SOULJA BOY, DIPSET, THE LOX, SKYZOO, GRAFH, JOELL ORTIZ or CURRENCY to name a few, and have been featured in over 100 albums and mixtapes worldwide... 

Responsible for worldwide classic mixtapes such as "OJAYZIS" (Jay-z vs Oasis), "Billboard Gangsters" (Jay-Z vs Elvis), "Night of the Living Dead" (Biggie & DJ Whoo Kid) all of those featured on MTV, VH1, XXL magazine,... 

FIRST european producers making hits from Harlem to Compton.

Currently working on various projects including big names in the industry, underground cats and new infamous Cookin' Soul Mixtapes. [source:
Myspace]
Bonus is DJ Parler.  I'm really feeling these Sampology mixes that DJ Parler is coming with.  I threw up the Isaac Hayes one he did a while back.  He's his own words:
Inspired by the upcoming biopic & in commemoration of the B.I.G. legacy, I present SAMPLOLOGY: The Notorious Chapter...enjoy

The SAMPLOLOGY mixtape series, mixed by DJ Parler (par-lay), is a compilation of music & the original songs that inspired them. Connecting the dots between your favorite Hip Hop/R&B tracks and the classic hard-to-find gems, each chapter highlights a select artist, producer or genre. Past chapters include: J Dilla, Kanye West, Philly International Records, Jay-Z's American Gangster Soundtrack, and Isaac Hayes.
[source: DJ Parler]
Tracklisitng
Brooklyn Intro
Victory Blend - Diddy, Bill Conti, B.I.G.
Unbelievable Blend - Honey Drippers, B.I.G.
Kick In The Door Blend - B.I.G., Screamin Jay Hawkins
Juicy Blend - B.I.G., Mtume
Big Poppa Blend - The Isley Brothers, B.I.G.
Ghetto Red Hot Blend - Super Cat, B.I.G., Herbie Hancock
Me and My Bitch Blend - B.I.G., Zapp & Roger
Who Shot Ya Blend - B.I.G., David Porter, Mos Def
Dreams Blend - B.I.G., James Brown, Skillz
Hypnotize Blend - B.I.G., Herb Alpert
Brooklyn's Finest Blend - Jay-Z, B.I.G., Ohio Players
Get Money Blend - Junior MAFIA, B.I.G., Sylvia Striplin
Gettin' Money Blend - Junior MAFIA, B.I.G., Dennis Edwards
Players Anthem Blend - Junior MAFIA, B.I.G., New Birth
Crush On You Blend - Lil Kim, B.I.G., Jeff Lorber Fusion
The Benjamins Blend - Diddy, B.I.G., The Jacksons
Can't You See Blend - Total, B.I.G., James Brown
One More Chance Blend - B.I.G., DeBarge
Ten Crack Commandments Blend - B.I.G., Les McCann
Sky Is The Limit Blend - B.I.G., Bobby Caldwell
Outro (St James Pl & Fulton St) - Roy Ayers, B.I.G.

No comments: