Sunday, March 15, 2009

Omar Khan - Burning Up



Omar Khan - Burning Up | z/s/h/a/r/e

There's this cat named Omar here in Vancity. I've only gotten to know him recently but I've seen him long before that. Years ago. I'd say about 4-5 years ago. This cat used to come to my nights/spots where I'd be DJ'ing or promoting and he stood out for his dancing, his styles, and his smile. Always had a huge smile whenever he was on the floor. He loved it and you could tell. And the girls loved him too. Always.

I didn't really meet him til last year, which was odd cause he knew all the same dancers that I knew.  I started hearing about this photographer on everyone's lips and it turns out it was Omar, the same dude who I saw dancing at my nights.  Now I find out he sings and he does his own daam thang.  I haven't met many people that can captivate you with his movement, catch with his eye, and hit u with his voice.  A triple threat knock out if there ever was one.

Get a taste of what's to come as he's currently in the studio putting work into a new recording (can't remember if it's an EP or LP).  I have a feeling Omar's gonna be buuuuurning up buuuuurning up (I think he's on FIIII-YA).  Reminds me of PPP.  Excellent first effort.  Expect more from this talent from Vancouver.

Related:
Omar's Blog


No comments: