Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ARE YOU READY TO GET UP GET DOWN THIS FRIDAY with COSMO BAKER (The Rub / Brooklyn)!!!??!??!!!

GUGD_COSMO_FLYR5web1

GET UP GET DOWN presents:
THIS FRIDAY - DEC 19th
COSMO BAKER (The Rub / Brooklyn)
SHINE
364 Water St
Vancouver, BC

with resident DJs
Rico Uno (Freshest Kids / Rockers NYC)
U-Tern (One Day Later / Beatstreet)

MCs
J Peoples and Emotionz on the mic

and JUST ADDED:
DJ Pump (Eh! Team / Calgary)
Nina Mendoza (Dipt / Dose)

____________________________________________

We've been waiting for months on this one!! It's finally here!!!! School's ALL OVER, Christmas holidays ARE HERE, it's time to GET UP GET DOWN and get funky and celebrate with THE BEST CHRISTMAS party with the BEST DJs in the world. This ain't no joke, read the updated bio below to read what your favourite DJ had to say about Cosmo Baker.

As if that weren't enough we got heavyweights Rico Uno, U-Tern, Emotionz, J Peoples, Nina Mendoza and just added DJ Pump!! Wowza.

___________________________________________

COSMO BAKER is THE MAN
- here are some DJ mixes, mp3s, videos, audio

COSMO BAKER - LIVE IN L.A. (youtube video)

COSMO BAKER - MORE LIVE IN L.A. (youtube video)

COSMO BAKER - THE FULL DJ SET - LIVE IN L.A. AT THE DO-OVER (z/s/h/r/e link)

THE RUB - HISTORY OF HIP HOP - 1993
- this is my favourite year in hip hop history and THE RUB SMASH this mix

http://www.itstherub.com/radio.htm
- THE RUB - HISTORY OF HIP HOP - from 1979-1999
- a year by year DJ mix of the biggest and best songs from each year in hip hop history
- this is some serious epic shit
________________________________________

HUGE PRAISE for COSMO BAKER from the likes of:
A-TRAK
JAZZY JEFF
ELI ESCOBAR
MR SUPREME
RJD2
?UESTLOVE
DIPLO
DJ AM
DJ MONK ONE
TITTSWORTH
NICK CATCHDUBS
DAVE NADA
SCOTTIE B
DJ DAY

Do you see any of your favs up there? See what they all had to say about Cosmo below or go to the event page for the updated bio:

"Cosmo Baker is hands down one of my favorite DJs. very few dudes can read a crowd like Cosmo, first of all. My man can rock it in so many ways, and he continues to surprise me. Cosmo lives and breathes music and his knowledge runs deep!! He's a virtual librarian of music. After all this is the man who invented the category "Dad Rock." But more than anything Cosmo's a party rocker. And a close friend. Rock on, Cosmo." -DJ A-Trak

"When it comes to keeping the Philly Music tradition going...Cosmo has it locked. His knowledge is incredible and his Crates are deep and his passion and skills makes him one of my favs." - DJ Jazzy Jeff

"Cosmo is everything I think a great DJ should be; versatile, skilled and before anything else, a true tastemaker." - DJ Eli Escobar

"100% pure no gimmicks" - DJ Mr. Supreme

"Cosmo is the club DJ I aspire to be - smooth, seamless, on top of his game, knows exactly what's appropriate at any given time. He'll play the song that I'm totally sure could not be resurrected, and bam - gangbusters. He's definitely that guy." - RJD2

"Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo. I remember when Cosmo got his first mixer and started DJing back in 92. Little did I know that little runt would constantly keep me on my a game like no other cat I know. He is always dropping that "this-ain't-out-yet" game on us and I'm always dropping that "Cell-phone memo-note-to-cop-that-'This-ain't-out-yet'" jam he played. When I grow up, I wanna be like 'Mo." - ?uestlove

"I would sneak into Fluid when I was still under 21 to see Cosmo play at the legendary Remedy, his parties were part of my foundation in Philly. The dude has a sixth sense at turnin' a crowd out." - Diplo

"Cos is a Philly native with more flavor than a pack of Now N' Laters. This flavor comes in handy when he's deciding what tunes you're gonna hear for a few hours!" - DJ AM

"Cosmo’s a rare cat. There aren’t many who can impress me with a funk 45s set, turn around and destroy a rave packed with barely legal hipsters, then pull out a disco twelve-inch that I’d all but forgotten about—and still be one of my favorite faces to see over a pint of beer." - DJ Monk One

"I'm proud to say that I have looked up to Cosmo Baker for years... as far as musical knowledge, party-rockin' and being an all around amazing dude, there is no substitute!" - Tittsworth

"In the biggest DJ city in the world, where every single one of your friends, neighbors and co-workers is spinning a party on any given night of the week, I still go out of my way to check Cosmo Baker play whenever I can. His style never fails to surprise and inspire in fresh ways." - Nick Catchdubs

"Cosmo Baker is a major influence in my musical career. I put him right up there with heroes like James Brown, Afrika Bambaataa, and Masters At Work. He's not a DJ. He's an artist. A soul man." - Dave Nada

"First things first - Where's Cosmo playing tonight? And that's real!!!" - Scottie B

"Everything Cosmo does is straight from the heart." - DJ Day

________________________________________________

more info:

http://needlekineval.blogspot.com/
http://tigerstone.tv/
http://shinenightclub.com/

http://cosmobaker.com/
http://itstherub.com/

No comments: