Friday, October 24, 2008

Juggaknots - Clear Blue Skies

jknts_200 by you.

I was just on the phone with Peoples' and he was telling me about one of his song concepts.  I told him it reminded me of the Juggaknots, and him being a younger cat didn't know what it was so I told him I'd bring it down to the club tonight for him to hear it.  Then I re-heard the album and daam - you need to hear the WHOLE thing!  Yes. Man. All. Of. It.  It's a CLASSIC.  

Here's the song I was talking about "Clear Blue Skies".  Now remember, most people when they first heard this song didn't know what nor who the Juggaknots were.  No pictures, no press, no information.  Most people thought the MCs were white or possibly one white one black cause either situation brought different senarios and interpretations to the song.  But they were blowing up all underground radio without press nor photos.  When people saw them for the first time and found out that both MC's were black the whole meaning and images created by "Clear Blue Skies" was completely flipped on it's head.

"Clear Blue Skies" is the one that made people notice but some trumped "Loosifa" and "Romper Room" as the instant classics instead.  In any case they're all a bag of cookies.  And DAAM was it EVER hard to find on vinyl.  Most had to cop it on the re-issue, thankfully I copped mine on the first pressing.  Classic.