Friday, October 24, 2008

Get Up Get Down - The Set List (02)

It's Friday and that means it's time for another Set List. The Set List is just that - a playlist of music and vibe that you'll find at Get Up Get Down - Fridays @ Shine. Go get it at the end.

tribe_200 by you.
Q-Tip - Getting Up Remix ft Eve
Bonus: Q-Tip - Move

"Getting Up" was blasted out a month or so back and now a remix drops with Eve and "Da Benjaminz" beat. Not really feeling the remix by Swizz Beats. Bonus song has a video.


Q-Tip - "Move" from Three/21 Films on Vimeo.

ola_200 by you.
Mr Oizo - Two Takes It

This is a remake of the Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock classic "It Takes Two". This comes off of Mr Oizo's latest album "Lambs Anger" with Carmen Castro reworking the lyrics.

jls_200 by you.
Whitehead Brothers - Forget I Was A G

Props to DJ Kidd outta Montreal for this one. Last week he was in town and he killed it at Get Up Get Down. I came outta the back room and I hear this playing in the front room - daaam. It took me back. I had to go look it up to remember how and why I know this track and, of course, it comes from the Jason's Lyric Soundtrack. Never saw the movie btw but loved the soundtrack.

kcjj_200 by you.
K-Ci Hailey - If You Think You're Lonely Now
Bonus: Bobby Womack - If You Think You're Lonely Now

Staying with Jason's Lyric you couldn't deny that K-Ci was one of the talented folks in Jodeci. At the beginning of the song K-Ci gives a shout out to Bobby Womack and for years I kept looking for the Bobby Womack original. I gave up looking thinking it didn't exist cause I never found the vinyl and no onew knew what I was talking about. Thanks to the internet I found it some years back. In any case K-Ci yellsings (sounds kinda Russian no?) all over this. Classic.

jrlqp_200 by you.
J Rawls - Tribute To J Dilla
Bonus: J Rawls - Tribute To The Beatnuts

J Rawls is dope. He's produced for Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli), Slum Village (and more) and he's one half of Lone Catalysts. The Dilla tribute comes from "The Liquid Crystal Project I" and the Beatnuts tribute comes from "The Liquid Crystal Prject II".

Get Up Get Down - The Set List (02)

No comments: